Sorin Bircea, M.D.
“Being able to make a good medical judgment makes a psychiatrist stronger, able to think integrative.”
"I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I do not receive industry funding or remuneration from research for my clinical work. My patients will not be implicated in research projects without their knowledge."
Meet Dr. Sorin Bircea
Welcome to my practice!
I have 2 offices, conveniently located in Western Queens and close to buses and trains to connect with the other NYC boroughs. Each office is shared with other mental health clinicians, who are doing psychotherapy. We are trying our best to address mental health dificulties of the urban population.
My approach is to build an alliance that will make the patient able to decide for medication and/ or psychotherapy in various modalities. The goal is to regain control over own life and optimize the work potential and interpersonal skills. On the road to recovery, we will re-discover insight, hope, and self-confidence.
Every patient receives a personalized assessment and therefore benefits from a particular treatment approach. I offer practical advice about diet/ nutrition, sleep, exercise, organizing work and study, improving relationships, use of therapy techniques and nature itself to foster lifestyle changes. I offer resources about psychiatric symptoms, conditions and their treatments to stimulate their understanding.
I encourage our visitors to look beyond limits traditionally imposed by a certain condition. The experience with such an illness can be an enjoyable travel of self-discovery and personal growth and should be regarded as an opportunity for change, reflection and promotion of new values, skills and interests.
I hope that once you enter our office you will benefit from my approach.
- Medical School: UNIVERSITY of MEDICINE "Iuliu Hatieganu" Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Residency Training: EMERGENCY MEDICINE in Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Internship: PSYCHIATRY at Delaware Psychiatric Center in New Castle, DE
- Residency training: PSYCHIATRY at Lincoln Hospital in Bronx, NY
- Fellowship: GERIATRIC PSYCHIATRY at Mt. Sinai Medical School in New York, NY
- American Psychiatric Association (APA)
- ABPN Board Certified Psychiatrist
- Romanian Medical Society of NY – Doctor of the Year 2018